I was thinking about this on the way home from teaching a class today. Why do I love teaching quilting classes with the white hot passion of a million burning suns?
Okay, you’re right. Maybe that is over-stating or using poetic license.
It might be the happiness talking but, today was a good day with an awesome group of ladies and class was fun!
Here’s my top 10 (ten) reasons why I love teaching quilting classes.
- I set my own schedule
- The working environment
- When you get to work, everyone is excited to see you
- People are crazy funny, especially when they are learning new things and having fun
- I get to talk about quilting to people who are interested in quilting
- Job security – there’s not a lot of us out in the work place (I think there should be more quilting teachers!)
- Teacher discount on fabric/notions/goodies at the quilt shop
- I love inspiring students to stretch their creativity out of their comfort zone
- The quilting community
- Giving back thru sewing to various charity organizations.
Until I see you again, happy quilting!